Sep 9, 2011

A tongue lashing

Working with women is dangerous. I hate loathe working with all women. This is the kind of environment that breeds contempt, betrayal, viciousness & an ongoing onslaught of Mother's Natures Monthly 'Gift' - it is ugly, folks.
Flash back to my second assignment as an office 'temp' at one of a random bank's operations offices. I loved my job! It paid well; there was an opportunity for permanent placement & the work was easy. 
What I didn't love - my coworkers, the women of random department at random bank's operations office. They were bitter, mean-spirited, vindictive, gossipy, old biddies. They spied on each other & on me. The spoke so meanly of each other that you wouldn't dare talk to anyone about your personal life. 
The head of the department was the worse [and for all I can gather - she is gone]. She was jealous of me - the office temp - because I am friendly, outgoing, trustworthy, kind, genuine & [by-golly] everyone likes me. She hated me because her 'underlings' liked me. {she was trying to get these women to like her - all the way from her office with a window.} 
There was one woman that I liked, really liked. She was funny, sweet, honest & trustworthy. She was like a older sister-type, with really bad taste in men & a strange magnetism to trouble. Unfortunately, I had to call her therapist - in the middle of a work day - to tell him that I thought that she might try to kill herself on the way home. The ambulance came to take her away & my days at that office became numbered. She was my buffer, my protector & she was gone & so was I.
Back to today. I have dealt with a lot of crap from a lot of people. My biggest issue is that I am a nice person, who happens to have flaws. 


I am working on my flaws & trying to become a better person & employee. I gather information & experience from my jobs [as a temp, I had a lot]. I learn from my mistakes. But, underneath I am still a nice person & [hopefully] I will always be a nice person.


It is these times when I am not perfect or simply having a bad day, when the nastiness comes out of the others. Everyone is allowed to make mistakes & no one is perfect [not even you, nasty lady]. 


So, how dare you talk about me like that & go around acting all high & mighty! 


I can only assume that the dynamic of nasty women at the workplace will stay the same. I just hope that I find a place where the old biddies [& young ones, too] are not permitted to carry on. Maybe they will have to hide the meanness, instead of the nice girls hiding their hurt.

2 comments:

  1. If you need something, don't hesitate to call. Good luck Mel. Praying for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I could work with women like you, bethy. You might have the same mood-swinging habits as the rest of us, but you are a sweet-heart & have a sense of empathy.

    ReplyDelete