Aug 25, 2011

American Gods

I'm reading another wonderful book by Neil Gaiman. However, it is scaring the ever living crap out of me. I'm not sure if it the vivid imagery of dead people walking around, the very detailed description of the gory gods or the ever present talk of the con & death.


I love to read & its been taking me much long than usual to finish a book lately because I simply fall asleep while reading. This book will give me nightmares, so I don't want to read it at night. It also sticks to my brain (a sign of a good book) but I don't want this particular imagery sticking while I'm teaching during the day. So, that leaves my reading schedule to the weekends. I will NEVER finish the book that way!

I guess that I just have to get over it & wait for the freakfest when I close my eyes at nights. At least I have a loving man snuggling next to me to keep me warm & safe! :)

Speaking of books, I did it again! The library is supposed to be a place to borrow books for fee. I am renting the books again, as they are 10 days over due. I owe the library $20 & cannot use my card until it is paid down.

I am such a bibliophile. My own collection of books is extensive. Plus, I am living with 2 other bibliophiles. My daughter & hubby each have a massive collection of books. My SO doesn't like the library. I am very different. I don't mind getting a book & giving it back when I'm done. He doesn't want to ever be without any good book that he reads. I just love the smell of the library & of new books. They are two very different smells but each gives me warm, happy, bubbly feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment