Feb 12, 2011

"Memories"

If I just close my eyes I can go anywhere
  drifting back to when things where so much easier
simply living and not worrying about how to think
there is a certain pulse, a beat that comes though with these memories
  smells and feeling that drift up to the surface
its hard to be there in my mind because I start to think
if I can push the thoughts down and just live again in the memory
  I can be there
   anywhere I want to be
immersed in being what I was
  innocent, happy, free and hopeful
memories are tricky
  when happy moments suddenly make you sad
they are only memories
how life was at one time
how I was at one time
  I must hold on to the feelings that flood in with these freshly squeezed memories
when I was innocent, happy, free and hopeful
I can see myself, as if watching a home movie
  but mostly I see things just the way they were
untouched by time, by progress
   if I dive deep into my memories, I can feel the fabric of my life
I can feel my surrounding, smell the air, hear the sounds, see the history
I can be in that moment once again
   when I really push myself, I can get lost in my memories
I can get lost and really feel things again
  really experience things again, the way that I want to remember them
  memories: flexible, pliable, and willing to be molded
taking me anywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment