Feb 20, 2011

"Niki" part 2

http://melanieann1226.blogspot.com/2011/02/niki.html - Part 1

I sat there leering at the delicious banquet set upon the table. It smells of summer time and family; it makes me sad. I tried hiding behind the steam coming off the pile of sweet corn. My friends were immersed in conversation and digestion, when Jon looked over toward me. His glare made me feel uncomfortable, naked and exposed.
"Niki, why aren't ya eating?"
"I'm not hungry."
My voice is audibly wavering.
"You are always hungry. What the hell is going on?"
Everyone stops; Anna has sauce around her mouth, she looks like a vampiric clown. I want to laugh, but I stuff a fork full of potato salad in my mouth instead. They can't possibly expect me to answer a question like that with a mouth full of food. Right?
"Well?"
"Mrufth."
"Really, Nick? Tell us what's going on."
I freeze like a deer in headlights. All eyes are on me; I want to run. I want to scream, but these are my friends. We are a family, created in love and survival. I shouldn't been running from them; I should be running towards them. I stammer and stutter to find my words.
"Its bad, guys. Jason is back."

No comments:

Post a Comment