Feb 22, 2011

"Niki" part 3

http://melanieann1226.blogspot.com/2011/02/niki.html - Part 1
http://melanieann1226.blogspot.com/2011/02/niki-part-2.html - Part 2

With that one word, I heard forks drop as everyone turned to look at me. The steam from the corn drifted off into the wind and I felt utterly exposed. Everyone knew that I sent Jason to jail and that he deserved it for terrorizing me the way that he did.
I felt like I was in the middle of a horror movie, a bad one, last summer. It even sounds like a bad horror movie. He stalked me; when he found me, he beat me senseless; he was a piece of shit. Now he was out of jail. Less than a year. He spent less than a year locked up after tormenting me for two years. Yeah, it seamed fair. I didn't want to tell anyone. I didn't want them to look at me the way that they were right now.
"Jason."
"Jason!"
"Jason?"
"What do you mean, he is back?"
Anna looked a bit scared. I'm not sure if she acts so protective over me because she introduced me to Jason or because she was the one that told me not to get to police involved. She was the one that knew him and said that he just loses his temper.
I don't blame anyone. I didn't even what them to know. I just want to sit quietly and look at the water. Why am I here at the cabin.
"I mean that when we all get back to town, he is out of jail."
Questions. Everyone came at me with questions, some rhetorical, most asking what I was going to do.
"What am I going to do?!?!"
Again. I stop everyone.
"This is shit! I'm not going to do anything! I moved on. I'm okay now. WHY would I DO anything?"
Screaming at the end, really put a stop to the friendly dinner.
"I'm going inside. To be alone. And no I'm not hungry!"
I never mean to take things out on my friends, the only family that I have, but they are there and cannot possibly understand. They don't get what I've gone through, but they still care. I don't know how to handle this news, so I can't expect them to understand.
I walked toward the cabin, when I didn't stop I heard everyone start talking again. At first it was low murmuring. But as my feet started to get damp from the evening dew on the grass I heard someone laugh. I was thankful that they were not going to spent the night talking about poor little Niki. I saw the evening star in the navy sky and closed my eyes to make a wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment