Mar 6, 2011

"The others" part 3

“Let me show you something,” Sean smiled as I pulled away from him.
Maybe I was the one being presumptuous, so I followed him. We stopped at a wall of slotted cubbies.
“Here are more drawings by the student that you noticed in the hallway.” He pulled out a portfolio from one of the cubbies and started to show me the beautiful drawings that it contained.
So, I was being presumptuous. I was be silly and acting like a hormone raged teenager. He told me about the pieces and the art behind the beauty. The student was talented and Sean was charming. We sat and talked until it was dark.
“Where did the sun go?” I asked, laughing.
“You didn’t have anywhere to go. Did you?”
“No, I just never lose track of time like that.”
“Is it horrible?”
“No, it was refreshing. But, it is a school night, so I should probably get going”
We laughed. It was the laughter of old friends.
“Sean, I hope to see you soon.”
“Then I will make it so.”
He kissed me on the cheek and squeezed my arm. It was a gesture that was innocent and intimate at the same time. I walked out of the room; I didn’t look back, but I could feel him watching me walk down the hallway.
I came slamming back into reality when I got to the classroom containing my things and the door was locked. I managed to find a member of the janitorial staff to open the door and gather my things. Just as I walked into the chilling evening air I got a text message.
“Where r u?”
It was from Mike, my boyfriend. I guess that I was missed. It was about time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment